Friday, June 11, 2010

Here We Go!

Good morning! It's Jeanette's turn to post. Today is the day! It is hard to believe that a dream that began almost 3 years ago is about to become a reality. In 24 hours, the world is going to look a lot different. 24 hours after that, it's going to look even more different! I am in awe that we have been given this incredible opportunity to take this trip. This morning I looked at Nentaya's smiling face on my refrigerator, the face I've looked at every day for almost 3 years in a photo, and realized that in a few days I will be hugging this precious little girl. I can't even put into words the joy and excitement I am feeling at the idea of meeting all of these children and their caregivers. We have some fun things planned, but we've been told by everyone who has been to "The Hill" before to just be ready for anything, not to expect things to go as planned, and to be ready to live at a slow, relaxed pace. I have to say, that sounds incredible to me. The idea of not being on a tight schedule, not being attached to technology, not running from place to place, makes me very happy. I am hoping to just be able to "go with the flow" and see what God has in store for me...
We are leaving for the airport in just about 6 hours, our flight leaves around 4 pm. Right now, I am in a state of disbelief, but strangely calm. We are putting this whole trip in God's hands. Thank you to everyone who has been praying for us. Please continue to do so. I am not as eloquent as Kara and Joel (it's also 6:30 am and I have not had coffee yet), so I will just say "Here we Go!" The next time you hear from us, we will be in Kenya!
Love,
Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment